Current project status
The current status of this project is: Complete.
List of project stages:
- Analysis of responses
- Initiation: Could include discussing scope and terms of reference with lead Government Department
- Pre-consultation: Could include approaching interest groups and specialists, producing scoping and issues papers, finalising terms of project
- Consultation: Likely to include consultation events and paper, making provisional proposals for comment
- Policy development: Will include analysis of consultation responses. Could include further issues papers and consultation on draft Bill
- Reported: Usually recommendations for law reform but can be advice to government, scoping report or other recommendations
We published our advice to Government on 19 December 2001
This was an advisory project.
Private International Law: EEC Preliminary Draft Convention on the Law Applicable to Contractual and Non-contractual Obligations (prepared jointly with the Scottish Law Commission) (1974). The EEC Convention on the Law Applicable to Contractual Obligations is scheduled to the Contracts (Applicable Law) Act 1990, and entered into force in the UK on 1 April 1991.
Area of law
Commercial and common law